My Engagement Preparation! Spetember 9, 2016

Assalamualaikum dear reader, 

This post sudah lama bersimpan dalam blog ane as a draft. Cerita aku bertunang ane pun boleh di considered "ancient history" hahaha... I am married now, of course cerita nya a bit lapuk 😅 I want to share my engagement story anyway as Engagement is one of the most important events in a person's life heeee....

little flashback, alhamdulilah aku selamat kana "booked sis" a.k.a menjadi tunangan orang on 9th September 2016. Persiapan majlis pertunangan di buat sederhana di rumah. It was kinda a last minute thing jua, we didn't initially plan for it. Lagipun kami baru selesai dari melangsungkan majlis perkahwinan my brother in April. Then, when my family decided that I should bertunang within that year, I was surprise!

Mr-Tunang-to-be and I just go with the flow. Yang pasti perancangan Allah atu indah...Allah sudah susun jalan jodoh kami macam ane (ceewaaaah ayat!)


VENUE & GUEST

As mentioned earlier, venue pertunangan di adakan di rumah. My guests terdiri dari family members of both sides. I did invite my bestie though, as I want her to be part of my special day ^^

My gorgeous wingwomen 


CATERING

My parents considered food as one of the most important part of the event. They hired Rahayu Catering, yang durang percaya food and service nya always a thumbs up. 

As event ane di adakan sebalah petang, so we picked an appropriate Hi-Tea menu (Cost $3.50/px). Alhamdulilah, food dari Rahayu Catering pun nada kekurangan on my E-day. 


DOOR GIFTS

I can considered my engagement door gift as expensive, pasal dalam satu kantung macam-macam dalam nya. First, my parents bought Fran Fruit juice (cost: $0.90/pk). Then they added biscuit Grey Saluut (Cost: $0.80/pk). 

Few days before the engagement event, my mom told me yang ia mau "add a nice love-shape kaca untuk kenang-kenangan" dari majlis pertunangan ane. She already got an eye for that particular kaca di Hua Ho -___-"

Diri ane rasa inda kan mau membazir for an engagement event, hence rejected the idea to buy kaca. For me, that love-heart shape kaca is very costly (around $2/ pc) and has no purpose whatsoever except untuk di jadikan perhiasan rumah. 

Still, untuk tidak menghampakan orang tua, we opted for cute colourful containers yang people can actually use ($1.20/pc). We bought the containers dari Mangkuk Emas, so it comes with free kantung hehehe (see picture).

Sister handling the door gfits (p/s: sister removed her falsies, now her makeup looks so weird)

Since biscuit Grey Saluut atu cannot fit masuk ke dalam container, I added bebrapa biji gula-gula and one packet of kacang supaya container atu inda kosong. Honestly, I am very happy with the door gifts. 


DRESS

The engagement dress is a gift from beloved dad. It's white, so I matched them with a pink shawl supaya nada nampak macam majlis nikah (Entah bila lagi aku dapat pakai this baju, without people relate it with "eh...kan kawin lagi ka?"). 


Pink and White

DAIS

Pelamin bukan kemestian di dalam majlis pertunangan. But my parents insisted we should have one pebaik tah yang simple saja. So kami sewa a pelamin dari my aunt yang ada butik pengantin (IG: @wanintanbridal). Sewa Pelamin $150. 

I don't really know berapa harga menyewa pelamin di tempat lain, pasal nada sempat survey harga. Tapi ada lah one vendor yang tersempat aku tanya di Facebook; durang punya price range for pelamin tunang is between $250 - $500 depending on design and basar pelamin. Lawa pulang pelamin atu but aku Passed saja la...I don't want to spend so much on an engagement event.


Engagement dias


HIASAN GANGSA 

Our gangsa was prepared by Dhiya Aleesya (FB/IG: Dhiya Aleesya Gubahan Hantaran). Since our hantaran tunang ane sikit, we decided to combined our package. Mr-then-Tunang-to-be and I choose the same wooden tray but with different colour themes. 

I believe the wooden tray is the cheapest one in her package, $15/tray. Black and gold theme untuk gangsa lelaki, white and pink theme untuk gangsa perempuan. We arranged 10 gangsa altogether, that is 5 gangsa pihak lelaki, and 5 gangsa pihak perempuan. 

However, masa hari majlis atu ada last minute bertukaran plan on our gangsa. Gangsa untuk pihak lelaki was prepared on a glass tray, even bunga pun slightly change to white and orange theme. While gangsa untuk pihak perempuan was prepared on a pillow tray. 

I can't exactly say berapa harga servis gubahan ane pasal the owner did the last minute changes and she gave us several discounts. Tapi alhamdulilah kami puas hati dengan semua gubahan gangsa nya and harganya. Servis Dhiya Aleesya inda menghampakan. 


HANTARAN BALASAN

I post an entry about hantaran balasan pertunangan pihak perempuan. Slia klik sini. 

Pihak lelaki menyediakan 5 hantaran pertunangan:

1. Sebentuk cincin & duit pembuka mulut
2. Sebentuk cincin & duit tanda pertunangan
3. Assorted chocolates
4. 5 helai kain
5. Sebuah handbag

Tanda pertunangan pihak lelaki diterima dan di balas dengan 7 dulang dari pihak perempuan: 

1. 3 pasang baju cara Melayu with stud and kain sarung 
2. Cake Pertunangan 
3. Cupcakes  
4. Buah-Buahan
5. Assorted Chocolates
6. Buku permintaan (I made an entry about this as well. Slia klik buku permintaan)
7. Cincin pertunangan 


MAKE UP

I am still heads over heels over my Engagement Make up! The credit goes to Desire Touch (IG: @desire_touch). Her service cost around $65 for Engagement makeup. She might have increase her charges now pasal makin lawa-lawa dah makeup nya. Plus she's not using any fake products. 

Her make up stayed for several hours. Too bad...I have to wash them masa malam lepas majlis. Kalau tah boleh di bawa tidur.... 


Before Majlis

Make up still maintain after Majlis


PHOTOGRAPHER

Photographer ane paling payah cari, al-maklum last minute. I did asked around di facebook and instagram photographer yang within my budget range. However, none of them were available on my Engagement date atu.  My mom decided to book photographer dari kadai saja, Photoplus Studio di Kiulap. 

We choose Outdoor photography $280.00/ 4 hours package. Dalam package ane include 
  • 1pc 9''x12'' photobook (20 pages) 
  • 1pc USB (All raw pictures) 
  • 2 pcs 8R photos 
Their price range for outdoor photography is quite reasonable jua la. Paling murah pun $160/ 4 hours package. It includes 100pcs 4R and album and 1pc CD. I think kalu ambil $160 ane pun quite okay pasal photographer ambil gambar unlimited. Boleh buat frame or cuci gambar di Limbang or Miri saja kemudian, jimat!  

Here I share a few pictures on My E-day:

Alhamdulilah, saya selamat menjadi tunangan orang

Process discussion ahli keluarga pihak lelaki dan ahli keluarga pihak perempuan di bilik tamu  

Ahli keluarga dan jemputan pihak perempuan menunggu di bilik tamu kecil

Me!

Gambar kenangan bersama keluarga 

Our free style 

That's it for my engagement preparation. I hope you enjoy this reading. 

Toodles peeps.  


Ulasan

  1. good story n good info.. nda byk bruneian buat blog post mcm ne.. keep on writing

    BalasPadam
    Balasan
    1. terlepas pandang post kita, but Thank you sis...In Sha Allah

      Padam
    2. Tq for these infos... very useful

      Padam

Catat Ulasan