Journey to Motherhood: News of pregnancy

Assalamualaikum kind reader,

A little announcement: 
I am 4-months pregnant! 




Aku dapat tahu yang aku pregnant selepas hari Raya Aidil Fitri. Before I did my Home Pregnancy Test (HPT) , ada beberapa orang sudah menagur yang aku might be pregnant. But I didn't think much about it, pasal durang tagur pun bagi ku biasa-biasa sajalah like "berapa bulan dah kahwin, berisi kali sudah" or "baik tah bercheck, maybe sudah pregnant" and so on. 

Dalam banyak-banyak yang menagur, paling aku ingat my husband's friend punya komen: "...nampak berisi tapi bukan lampuh." Masa mendangar this comment at that time, I was "OMG!! Gerenti aku gained weight ne" di dalam hati (all thanks to the non-stop feasting at raya open houses!). 

Bukan apa, I was suspicious his friend ane bercakap macam atu untuk menjaga hati ku saja...konon bukan lampuh, just berisi. Takut aku sensitive lah, walaupun he did mentioned that it might be a pregnancy-weight gained. 

Another one yang aku ingat menagur aku might be pregnant jua was amah my in-laws. She's a 40-something lady. One morning she mentioned that she saw 'cahaya' on my forehead (Eisehmen, cahaya apa lagi ne? hihi). She explained to me that 'cahaya' atu tanda-tanda orang pregnant. (..hmmmmm~).  




When I experienced a late period on that same month, I did the pregnancy test. Aku just pakai Pregnancy test kit yang biasa, harga around $3++ each di Guardian. 

Luckily I bought 3 pregnancy test kit jua, as I had to test my urine repeatedly. I did all my pregnancy test on 3 separate occasions.  Dua kali aku buat malam, sekali aku buat awal pagi. A friend pernah jua advised kalau kan take pregnancy test, it's better to do it awal pagi pasal the result is clearer in the morning. Apparently, first morning urine usually exhibit concentration of pregnancy hormone (hCG). However if our hCG atu is already highly concentrated (due to few weeks/ months of pregnancy), it doesn't really matter kalau kan check UPT pagi or malam. 

Alhamdulilah, all my pregnancy tests atu positive!!

I still keep 2 out of 3 of my pregnancy test kit atu, and marked a date on it. Kira kenangan when I did the test la. Masa awal-awal nada terpikir pun kan simpan, so I bin it...oppppsss. Now, macam useful la jua untuk berjumpa doktor/nurse masa buat 'buku' and check berapa lama sudah pregnant.

Alright, ane saja dulu cerita of my pregnancy. In Sha Allah I will share some more cerita pregnancy ane when I've got the time to blog. Hope my dear readers dapat doakan jua semoga me and my dear baby 'Lauren' (yes, I named my unborn baby with a nickname) sentiasa sihat and murah beranak nanti. Thank you.

Toodles ^_____^ 



Ulasan

  1. Hi.. cn u share apa saja simptom2 ada before u knw ur pregnancy..? mcm cramp kh apa kah hehe

    BalasPadam
    Balasan
    1. Ulasan ini telah dialihkan keluar oleh pengarang.

      Padam
    2. Thank you for the qs.

      Last time I didn't have any noticeable signs of pregnancy except I missed my period and feeling very very tired. By 'tired' I mean mesti tidur more than 12 hours a day. And masa awal-awal I didn't know at that time I was already pregenant jua. My husband told me I was lacking of exercise that's why selalu ngalih huhu...sekali di bawa nya walkathon di bukit Tasek Lama, really kan pingsan pulang rasanya naik bukit atu sis hehehe...

      Padam

Catat Ulasan